Riley Children's Grief Team
Below is a list of practical things to consider. You may wish to have a trusted friend or family member help you with any necessary paperwork.
- Notify your health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance of your child’s death.
- Notify any providers who cared for your child (physicians, dentist, optometrist, etc.).
- Freeze your child’s credit (contact your state’s attorney general) to prevent fraud and identify theft
- Notify the provider for your child’s college 529 plan.
- Change the settings for your child’s social media accounts