• Newly Bereaved
  • Practical Tasks

    Riley Children's Grief Team

    Below is a list of practical things to consider. You may wish to have a trusted friend or family member help you with any necessary paperwork.

    • Notify your health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance of your child’s death.
    • Notify any providers who cared for your child (physicians, dentist, optometrist, etc.).
    • Freeze your child’s credit (contact your state’s attorney general) to prevent fraud and identify theft
    • Notify the provider for your child’s college 529 plan.
    • Change the settings for your child’s social media accounts