Books for Supporting Someone in Grief
Riley Children's Grief Team
The Riley Children’s Health Bereavement Team as created a list of books that may be helpful throughout your own grief journey and as you help someone else through theirs.
- Schonfeld, D. J., Quackenbush, M. (2010). The Grieving Student: A Teacher's Guide. United States: Paul H. Brookes Publishing Company.
- Devine, M. (2017). It's OK That You're Not OK: Meeting Grief and Loss in a Culture That Doesn't Understand. United States: Sounds True.
- Wolfelt, A. (2013). Finding the words: how to talk with children and teens about death, suicide, funerals, homicide, cremation and other end-of-life matters. Fort Collins, CO: Companion.
- Stang, H. (2018). Mindfulness and Grief: With Guided Meditations to Calm the Mind and Restore the Spirit. United Kingdom: Ryland Peters & Small.
- Helbert, K., Stiles, C. (2015). Yoga for Grief and Loss: Poses, Meditation, Devotion, Self-Reflection, Selfless Acts, Ritual. United Kingdom: Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Rosenkoetter, R., Helbert, K. (2019). The Chakras in Grief and Trauma: A Tantric Guide to Energetic Wholeness. United Kingdom: Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Coenen, C. (2018). Shattered by Grief: Picking Up the Pieces to Become WHOLE Again. United Kingdom: Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Gilbert, A. (2016). Passed and Present: Keeping Memories of Loved Ones Alive. United States: Basic Books.
- Treleaven, D. A. (2018). Trauma-Sensitive Mindfulness: Practices for Safe and Transformative Healing. United States: W. W. Norton.
- Samuel, J. (2018). Grief Works: Stories of Life, Death, and Surviving. United States: Scribner.
- Kessler, D. (2019). Finding Meaning: The Sixth Stage of Grief. United States: Scribner.
- Forsythia, S. (n.d.). Permission to Grieve: Creating Grace, Space, and Room to Breathe in the Aftermath of Loss. United States: Shelby Forsythia, LLC.
- Plouffe, M. E. (2017). I Know It in My Heart: Walking Through Grief with a Child. United States: She Writes Press.
- Smith, C. B. (2018). Anxiety: The Missing Stage of Grief: A Revolutionary Approach to Understanding and Healing the Impact of Loss. United States: Hachette Books.
- Martin, C. (2017). The Progression of Grief: A Collection of Poems. (n.p.): CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform.
- Browning, L. M. (2018). To Lose the Madness: Field Notes on Trauma, Loss and Radical Authenticity. United States: Homebound Publications.
- Jurgensen, G. (2000). The Disappearance. United States: W. W. Norton, Incorporated.